Art Alchemy Studio


Mixed Media Art by Chaska Peacock

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Back from Houston




I am a very happy camper!  If spending a day at the Houston Quilt Show is wonderful, three days spent there is fabulous!  I did not see it all in even three days!
It is the biggest convention in Houston all year, bringing 35 million in revenue to the City. 

There is so much to do!  Lectures and classes in the quilting arts as well as in mixed media run daily,  and there are also day trips one can take to area attractions....this being aimed mostly at the international visitors.

There is so much to see!  The exhibit includes fabulous quilts of all kinds, art dolls and some wearable art.  I could easily spent three happy days just in in this area!

There is so much to buy!  Fabrics, fabrics, fabrics.  But, also lots and lots of embellishments of all kinds. I saw new-to-me products demonstrated...and, of course, they came home with me. :-)

There are so many interesting people to meet!  The staff, the volunteers, the vendors, and the attendees....all were helpful, friendly, and happy. For me, this put the whole experience over the top.


Labels:


4 Comments:

Blogger gabriela luna said...

Chaska! please post some of the new products, embellishments and things!!!! so happy for you!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Artifice said...

So glad you an such an incredible time at the Quilt Show! I am envious. Is that your work you posted in the photos? Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs!
Linda

1:26 PM  
Blogger Chaska Peacock said...

Oh, no....not my work. Work photographed there. Wanted to show everyone the variety.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

sounds exhausting even to me who loves to see the ALL when going to these types of things, my head would be spinning.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main